Welcome to your Journey

Every living body on this Earth is on a Journey. Whether it be a journey of self discovery, a journey to heal, a journey to success, or even just the journey of life, we are all striving for something. Welcome to my Journey, the journey of seeing what God wants for me and my life, and all the wonderful blessings and lessons He allows me to experience. I hope that this will help someone out there realize that they are are their own journey as well, and that God wants to be the Guide. Who could possibly be a better guide than the Loving God who created us?

HTML1

Monday, July 26, 2010

I Do...Sortof


So I've had a very peculiar topic on my mind lately. Marriage. You're probably thinking I'm completely crazy seeing as how it's illegal for me to get married in most states, but the thoughts are there none the less. It's not like I obsess over every single detail of my wedding, I've never really been the picture you fairy princess wedding type, but I can't say I haven't thought about it. The only thin I know for sure about my wedding are two things 1) God's going to supply the time, and place, and groom of course, and 2) I'm wearing white converse instead of heels ( if you'd ever seen me attempt to walk in heels, you'd understand).

The idea of marriage seems to be surrounding young girls all the time. Every discussion , every topical teaching just for girls is always about either 1) the way we view our bodies or 2) our future husbands ( at least that's the way it feels). There is nothing wrong with those particular topics, there really aren't, but I think , for me anyways, there is too much emphasis and pressure being put on them. I would honestly love to have a discussion, or teaching about just being women of God, not being submissive wives, and perfect mothers, or all of the other things that we are expected to be, but simply taking it back to basics, and focusing on what our original design was. I'm sorry,I cannot believe that I was put on this planet simply to be someone's wife. Though we can't deny that Eve was created to help Adam, she must have ultimately had another purpose. She did by the way, I've done the research. One of Eve's main tasks s a woman was to be an image bearer of God. As a woman she was to align her every thought and desire with God's.

I have a strong feeling that as women if we focus on that fact first, everything else will fall into place. We will be encouraging, helpful, a great source of joy for not only our husbands, but for all those around us, men, and women alike. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of getting married, and finding someone God designed solely for me I do, I don't want you guys to get the impression that I'm anti-marriage or something. I love the idea of being a wife and mother, from what I hear it's one of the most fulfilling jobs anyone can ever have, but I also believe it's extremely important never to lose sight or our original purpose. We need to focus on God, be the image bearers we were meant to be, and when we've reached that point God will add everything else on from the love of your life, to your adorable children.

It sound hard, trust me even as I am typing this I'm cringing at the journey I'm probably going to have to take to get to that place in my life, but the good thing about it is that when you finally do get to that point in your life ( and you WILL) you'll be able to look back and awe at the amazing work God has done in your life, and the complete transformation He's accomplished in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment