Welcome to your Journey

Every living body on this Earth is on a Journey. Whether it be a journey of self discovery, a journey to heal, a journey to success, or even just the journey of life, we are all striving for something. Welcome to my Journey, the journey of seeing what God wants for me and my life, and all the wonderful blessings and lessons He allows me to experience. I hope that this will help someone out there realize that they are are their own journey as well, and that God wants to be the Guide. Who could possibly be a better guide than the Loving God who created us?

HTML1

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Google


HELLO! I'm in an unusually good mood today.It's Unusual because I just got up, and I'm not a morning person at all, so when I woke up with a smile on my face I was thrown for a loop. If you read my previous post, I'm sorry, I was having a bit of an emotional breakdown, so it was just all over the place ( I do hope though that, in all my madness God was still able to talk to someone through it).

Ever wake up one morning and just know it's gonna be ok? No matter what might have happened, no matter how you messed up, or whom you might have hurt, everything will be ok, everything will be fixed? Well that's pretty much how I'm feeling right now. When I got home yesterday after my morning math class ( ugh! that just sounds wrong, morning and math all at the same time!) I did what I always do when I always get bored, I started to Google stuff.I am the Google Queen! If I have a question, I go to Google, if I'm just slightly curious I'll Google it, whatever it is... I'll Google. You don't want to know how many times I've Googled my name just to see the origin and meaning ( I think I might have a problem ). Anyways back to the original point of the Google talk, yesterday I typed in the words " Ezer Kenedgo" . For those of you who don't know what these words mean, it's the words in Hebrew, that were used to describe Eve, when God first created her. It meant strong helper, but not in the way most people think, through out the Old Testament ,the word Ezer was used to refer to God. He was the Ezer to humans. Ezer is what you turn to in a life and death situation, it refers to a desperate need for something or someone. In the way the Adam desperately needed a companion, and got Eve, so do we get God,except He is so much better than Eve! Not that Eve wasn't great, she was, I actually think she is very under appreciated, but that's another topic for another day.

Going through all the Hebrew, and Greek definitions,and references I felt strangely calm. It's strange what a little research does for me. It just gave me comfort to see how God took care of Adam, and how he takes care of us, even though we don't deserve a single ounce of His Grace. I take pride in my gender and the power women have, but when I started to think about where women receive our power, and strength, it led me back to the ultimate Ezer Himself. As humans, we can't do anything by ourselves,( man or woman) we are in desperate need of a Guide, of a Helper... a supernatural Helper who can do the impossible, the things we cannot even begin to comprehend. He is God, He is Love, He is always there. It's just that simple.

We are empowered as Christians, though it's true we can't do anything on our own, it is also true that we have the ultimate God on our side. So if any of you out there are hurting, or in pain, or nervous, or anxious, or scared, or maybe just confused never forget that God is there, patiently waiting to embrace you in a giant bear hug, and not only tell you everything is gonna be ok, but follow through on the promise. He has the perfect record, if you ask He"ll help, it's just in His magnificent nature. All you have to do is ask

1 comment:

  1. One of these days I am going to have to do a study on Eve just for you :-)

    On a side note, check out blueletterbible.org and biblos.com.....original greek and hebrew it up!

    In reference to the meat of your post:

    Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.

    Isaiah 57:18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him; I will also lead him, And restore comforts to him And to his mourners.

    Isaiah 44:8 Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
    You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’”

    (Totally been reading Isaiah btw lol)

    ReplyDelete