Welcome to your Journey

Every living body on this Earth is on a Journey. Whether it be a journey of self discovery, a journey to heal, a journey to success, or even just the journey of life, we are all striving for something. Welcome to my Journey, the journey of seeing what God wants for me and my life, and all the wonderful blessings and lessons He allows me to experience. I hope that this will help someone out there realize that they are are their own journey as well, and that God wants to be the Guide. Who could possibly be a better guide than the Loving God who created us?

HTML1

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Provers 31



" She is closed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future"- Proverbs 31:25

Hello! Well it's back to school week for me, and I have to say I'm looking forward to it. The verse that I posted at the top came to me literally like a minute ago, along with the realization that even though tomorrow is the first day of a new school, there is a 95% chance I will get lost, I have to start taking AP Calc, and I'm taking on a very heavy work load this year...I'm not scared.(I'm a tad bit nervous, but it doesn't really count)I'm confident in the place God has me in right now, I'm happy. It's kind of a weird feeling for me, but I like it,I like the fact that for once I'm not freaking out over everything, or really anything.

The Proverbs 31 lady used to sincerely bug me. It was nothing personal,she just bugged me in the same way June Clever used to bug me, she was too perfect. I felt she as if she was setting an unreachable goal for the rest of woman kind, or rather setting us up to fail. It's wasn't until very recently that I realized she wasn't concerned about how her actions would affect the rest of human kind, she was concerned on whether or not her actions were pleasing towards God. That was her only goal, she was following the blue print originally designed for woman. She wasn't naturally perfect on her own, I'm sure she wasn't born in total perfection, I highly doubt she reached perfection at all in her life time, but what she did achieve was something much more worth while. She won the approval of a beautiful loving God. God didn't love her because she was perfect, neither did her children nor her husband, she was loved and admired because she was made perfect through and because of Him.

I hope this serves as a reminder that we shouldn't seek perfection, it's a
pointless pursuit, what we should seek however is the approval of our Wonderful Father. The pursuit of Perfection is something I struggle with a lot, but as I see from Mrs.P31,I've been pursuing the completely wrong thing.God doesn't need me to be perfect, in fact He KNOWS I'm not perfect, and I'll never be, but He loves me anyways. He's set rules for me, and just wants me to do my absolute best in keeping them. That's the beauty of Him, He knows our faults and weaknesses( psalm 139), yet He adores us anyways...crazy right? Don't get caught up with perfection, with being the perfect bible scholar, or with being the perfect verse reciter, or the perfect husband, or wife, because you'll never reach your goal. You'll spend the rest of your life chasing ghosts,and winding up with nothing but emptiness, and misery. Focus on the standard God has called us to, focus on making Him happy and everything else will fall into place, that's His promise, and He can't lie.
"But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you"- Matthew 6:33 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment