Welcome to your Journey

Every living body on this Earth is on a Journey. Whether it be a journey of self discovery, a journey to heal, a journey to success, or even just the journey of life, we are all striving for something. Welcome to my Journey, the journey of seeing what God wants for me and my life, and all the wonderful blessings and lessons He allows me to experience. I hope that this will help someone out there realize that they are are their own journey as well, and that God wants to be the Guide. Who could possibly be a better guide than the Loving God who created us?

HTML1

Monday, April 19, 2010

God's Planning

1 Corinthians 10:13 "But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it."

This pass weekend was one of the most emotional weekends I've had in a while. Emotional in the sense that I felt and dealt with so many emotions that by the middle of it I just wanted to feel numb. I felt sad, betrayed, angry, confused, hurt, disrespected, taken advantage of, and unappreciated. I was also experiencing waves of understanding, compassion, happiness, optimism, relief, and a whole bunch of other confusion. I was a walking emotional roller coaster. Saturday night I found myself asking God (yet again), why the heck did it have to be me ( honestly my selfish nature is starting to annoy me), why did this have to occur to me, what had I done? when in truth I hadn't "done" anything, God was just trying to help His children grow.
The trial that God set before me wasn't a specifically challenging one, I mean it hurt, and played with my emotions, but if I were to take a step back, my steps were easily laid out for me. For the first time in a while I took that step back and looked at the bigger picture. I followed the simple step by step directions God had laid out for me and I dealt with it. The second I decided to do things His way, and not mine, the situation was completely turned around! I no longer cared about my own heart, or my own feelings , solely on the other person involved. I'm not going to say that it was ridiculously simple ( because it wasn't) but it was doable. He gave me a love and peace that I know could not have come from any where else. I was so angry, and hurt I honestly couldn't see straight, my vision blurred by the tears of hatred and pain, but all it took was me saying, God I don't know what to do, I don't know how to handle this in a Godly way,I still care about the person, but can I forget the hurt they caused? In that moment I felt God telling me to let it go, He would take care of it, the way He always had. He had a plan, and purpose I just needed to wait, and show the other person the love that I had for them. When all was said and done, this trial left me and the other person so much closer, it also taught me about the nature of relationships, the nature of people, but most importantly about how much human nature can change when your simply following God, and listening to Him. God will never allow us to have more than what we can handle, it sounds cliche I comprehend that, but it's the simple truth. God doesn't want to see us fail, He doesn't want to see us suffer, and drop the ball. He wants us to shine the way He knows we can, He wants to use our strengths, and teach us His way. If this weekend taught me anything it's that God runs on His own time, He doesn't do things when it's most convenient for us, but when it is most beneficial for us. Seek Him in absolutely anything you do, from school, to relationships, to friendships, to work. You want to succeed? Ask God to help, and guide you, it's the only way to truly be in God's will, and when your in God's will, everything will fall into place, and that thing you long for the most will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment