Welcome to your Journey

Every living body on this Earth is on a Journey. Whether it be a journey of self discovery, a journey to heal, a journey to success, or even just the journey of life, we are all striving for something. Welcome to my Journey, the journey of seeing what God wants for me and my life, and all the wonderful blessings and lessons He allows me to experience. I hope that this will help someone out there realize that they are are their own journey as well, and that God wants to be the Guide. Who could possibly be a better guide than the Loving God who created us?

HTML1

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Carpe Diem

Well hello! This afternoon, as I was doing my devo, I came upon one of the most powerful scripture God has given me in a while. "So they departed from the counsel, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His death"- Acts 5:41

Add Image
I took a moment to fully understand what this verse meant. I put myself in the apostle's shoes, I thought about the horrific jail cell they must have stayed in, and the cruel torture they must have endured. I thought about what I would probably feel in that situation, and the fact that I complain about having to partake in legalized torture ( many know it as school ) everyday, I thought about some of the thoughts I have during the day, the resistance I sometimes give when it comes to spreading God's word at my school, and I felt like a huge failure. These men were beaten, harassed, kicked out of villages, and more, all for the sake of our Savior's name! They were not only put through horrendous situations , but they did it all with smiles on their faces. They felt LUCKY, worthy that they could be persecuted in the name of Jesus Christ, while I on the other hand get nervous when I even go to invite some one to church. I think about the zeal, the passion these men had for Him, and I stay in total awe. I know that they did not get to that point in their lives by their own doing, or understand, but the work that they allowed God to do in their life is simply inspiring!
I encourage every single person to reflect on this verse. What does this mean to you? How does this make you feel? How much more lucky are we, that we live in a nation that allows us to spread the Truth freely, and unpersecuted? Let us not waste the tremendous blessing the Lord has bestowed on us, lets use the advantages that we have to our fullest. The world won't be around forever, neither will we be on this world forever. Carpe Diem, seize the day, don't waste another not giving Him the glory, honor, love and attention He deserves. Be the person He created you to be, and fulfill the purpose He's made you to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment