Welcome to your Journey

Every living body on this Earth is on a Journey. Whether it be a journey of self discovery, a journey to heal, a journey to success, or even just the journey of life, we are all striving for something. Welcome to my Journey, the journey of seeing what God wants for me and my life, and all the wonderful blessings and lessons He allows me to experience. I hope that this will help someone out there realize that they are are their own journey as well, and that God wants to be the Guide. Who could possibly be a better guide than the Loving God who created us?

HTML1

Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's Worth Waiting For

Patience is a virtue. It is simple statement that we have all heard time and time again. "Where is the food? I'm hungry.", " are we there yet? we're bored", " I can't wait for my new book to get here, I'm so excited to read it", " we wish school was over, it's legalized torture!". These are all excuses and circumstances in which we have been told to wait and have some patience. It's probably one of the most uttered phrases in the English language, and for good reason too.Waiting makes things Worth while. My question however is why, if we are so acquainted with this phrase and idea,is it so hard to wait?


My previous post was all about how excited I am about the new chapter in my life, and the changes God is going to bring, this post focuses more on the waiting aspect of my journey. I understand that God has perfect timing, and I trust in His timeline completely, I just don't see why it has to be so difficult. As a woman, I am suppose to be an image bearer of God, meaning my every thought, action, desire, should be aligned perfectly with Him. Key word, should. Right here and now, my timing and His are not exactly best friends, to put it frankly they are not aligned.I'm learning to lean on God with everything I have right now, for everything I need, want, or even think I might someday want. This entails a lot of Patience on my part, and A LOT of work on God's. It's not an easy thing to wait , the outcome of the waiting is magnificent, and always benevolent, it's the simple act that I need to learn to deal with. For anyone who might know me, it's very clear that I am not the most patient person ,( which is probably why God makes me wait for many things, not that I'm complaining about it though...) I usually like to have things go on schedule, however I have to remember that it's not my schedule that is important, it's God's. His timing is going to be 100% more perfect than mine will ever be. Which is one of the many reasons He's God.



This post isn't about me sharing any insight God might have given me, or any word of wisdom I might have received. I just wanted to share my struggle in case any one out there might feel like they have been forgotten, or put on hold, you haven't, just remember God is working on a perfect schedule, and that means that sometimes He has to say " wait a little while" or " not now, it'll be even better later". Don't become discouraged, and don't break out the "pity party" balloons, and streamers, just take comfort in knowing that when God finally reveals His plan it's going to be so much more magnanimous than you had ever imagined.




P.S If you could keep me in prayer that would be great and very much appreciated, I'm going to need all the help I can get on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment