Welcome to your Journey

Every living body on this Earth is on a Journey. Whether it be a journey of self discovery, a journey to heal, a journey to success, or even just the journey of life, we are all striving for something. Welcome to my Journey, the journey of seeing what God wants for me and my life, and all the wonderful blessings and lessons He allows me to experience. I hope that this will help someone out there realize that they are are their own journey as well, and that God wants to be the Guide. Who could possibly be a better guide than the Loving God who created us?

HTML1

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The True Happily Ever After


I have come to a realization that movies lie. I am the first person to vouch for movies, and the awesome power that they seem to wield over me, but when you take a closer look, they simply fill girl's minds and hearts with unrealistic ideas and expectations. Movies have taught us to believe that a guy's love is the only thing you need in life to be happy, the second we find our "prince charming" we're set for life. My question however is, what on earth is wrong with movie makers??? No disrespect to Mr. Charming but he's not gonna complete my life, or make it worth living. Instead of focusing on guys as the source of our happiness, maybe movie makers should focus on the only true source of peace and happiness, which isn't prince charming, but rather the Prince of Peace Himself,Jesus Christ.
I'm not saying that love isn't a true force or that it doesn't exist, but it exists in a completely different form than the one that is very regularly portrayed on TV.The love that is gonna make your life worth while is the love that we get from Jesus Christ, no one else. I mean of course you'll love your spouse, and they'll make you very happy, but that happiness wont come without it's own struggles.Think about it, two completely different individuals, with their own routines, own little quirks, and rituals, and your sticking them under the same roof, there's bound to be a little discomfort. With Jesus as the center of the marriage however, we truly see what marriage is suppose to be.It's not about the weird little habits that your wife, or husband might have, or the difference in the shows the both of you have, it's about two becoming one, two people coming together to grow closer to their loving Savior.It's still a personal relationship with God, it's just that now you have a partner in crime to help you out. Women are suppose to be submissive to their husbands, and husbands are called to love their wives like God loves the church.
I love, love. I can't wait for the day when I am a married women, but I'm under no false impressions of what marriage, and love are. I know its a tremendous amount of hard work, and compromise, and that without doing it in a Godly way it's never gonna work, and its definitely nothing like the movies.My little tip for everyone out there that is looking for some advice, and instruction on love, and marriage, turn off your TV, and open up The Bible. It's the ultimate love story with the perfect ending. With God as the writer, how could it not be?

No comments:

Post a Comment